Pink-Vegan has published this yummy Vegan GF Coconut Bacon - featuring our Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flakes!
“All the Coconut Bacon recipes seem to be basically the same. I adjusted the amounts according to my liking !!! I reduced the liquid smoke by quite a bit because I didn’t want a strong liquid smoke flavor. WOW !!! I had a coconut bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion Veggie Burger – was it DELICIOUS !!!! I bet this would also taste GREAT on an “egg” salad sandwich !!!!”
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (I used Let’s Do…Organic® from Edward & Sons)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp SMOKED PAPRIKA
- Put all ingredients in a plastic bag and shake well so the coconut flakes are evenly coated.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil and arrange coconut flakes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Turn the coconut flakes over every 5 minutes so they cook evenly. The coconut flakes will get crispy as they cool.
- These burn quickly, so make sure to check and turn every 5 minutes.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Coconut Recipes Here.
Purchase Let’s Do…Organic® Organic Coconut singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Lets Do…Organic® Organic Coconut In Bulk at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.