Fettle Vegan has published this great Chocolate Orange Macaroons recipe- may we recommend our Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour?
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened to room temp-not melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (WW works here, too) (try Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup (about 2 oz.) dark chocolate, melted
- Combine coconut, coconut oil, flour, cocoa powder, syrup, salt, orange & vanilla extracts. Coconut oil should NOT be melted. You want to have to fork the mixture together until the solid coconut oil has been completely smooshed up and combined with everything else. It takes about 2 minutes of dedicated forking.
- Add water, starting with two teaspoons, and mix until mixture comes together and becomes sticky.
- Once combined, use your hands to form the mixture into (about) 1 inch balls. Or two inch balls…because who am I to tell you how much macaroon to enjoy?
- Once your macaroons are formed, set them on a paper lined cookie sheet in a cool place. The fridge will work beautifully here.
- While the macaroons are chillin’, melt about 2 ounces of chocolate. To keep the recipe raw use the bain-marie (the double-boiler) method. To do this, fill a large saucepan with water. Bring the water to a boil, and cover with a heat safe bowl, never allowing the heat safe bowl to come into contact with the water. Gently melt the chocolate.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove macaroons from cooling area. Dip macaroons carefully into the chocolate, being careful not to coat them, but rather add the chocolate as more of an accent, ’cause these babies are rich! (Sometimes we use a piping bag to add a little decorative chocolate to the tops.) This is most easily done using a spoon and/ or your fingers (I used my fingers so I had a reasonable excuse to lick the chocolate off of my fingers after…).
- Once a little chocolate has been added, place the completed macaroons back onto lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes, allowing chocolate to set. This process can be sped up by placing the entire cookie sheet into the freezer until the chocolate cools completely.
- Once the macaroons are hardened and the chocolate has set, pull them out of the fridge and enjoy! They’re best after coming to room temperature but equally delicious cold.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Coconut Recipes Here.
Purchase Let’s Do…Organic® Organic Coconut singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Lets Do…Organic® Organic Coconut In Bulk at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.