Fettle Vegan has published this great Creamy Tomato Soup with Homemade Cashew Cream recipe- may we recommend our Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes?
- 2 1/2 lbs. tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 4 T. earth balance or olive oil
- 1 quart (4 c.) vegetable broth (or water) (try Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup water
Soak 1 cup cashews in warm water for 1-4 hours. Drain cashews, pour into a blender, and add one cup water. Blend until consistency is creamy and no cashew chunks remain. Set aside.
- Wash, weigh, and chop tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add chopped onions and garlic, and sautee about 8 minutes, until onions are glassy but not carmelized. Add tomatoes and continue to cook until onions and tomatoes are completely softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, bay leaves, basil, salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for about 30 minutes, until the smell of garlic and basil are wafting through the air. Remove the bay leaves and toss ‘em in the compost. Pour the cashew cream into the pot, and using a regular or immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy, usually about 20 seconds in my vitamix.
- Serve immediately while warm, or simmer on low heat until ready to serve. Garnish with roasted cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of cashew cream, or fresh basil leaves.
- Keeps in the fridge for about a week. Makes great leftovers!
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com