Fettle Vegan has published this great Curried Sweet Potato, Carrot & Squash Soup with Pine Nut Cream recipe- may we recommend our Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes?
Curried Sweet Potato, Carrot & Squash Soup with Pine Nut Cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized yellow onions, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cup acorn squash, deseeded and cubed
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 6 cups vegetable broth (try Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup pine nuts (pignolias)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat oil or butter on medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook about 5 minutes, until onions are slightly glassy and softened. Do NOT let the garlic turn brown and burn- it will taste bitter.
- Add in the carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes, and stir to combine. Follow with the vegetable broth, curry, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have become soft enough to poke through with a wooden spoon.
- While soup cooks, combine the pine nuts and water in a high-speed blender until creamy. Set aside.
- When soup is ready, let cool a bit, then blend using an immersion blender, or in batches using a high-speed blender. Blend until completely puréed. At this point, you can mix the pine nut cream into the soup OR serve it in bowls, adding the pine nut cream to each bowl individually (our preference and how we did it in the photos). Sprinkle each serving liberally with cilantro, and enjoy! Makes 10-12 servings. Freezes well, and keeps in the fridge, covered, for about a week. Feel free to half the recipe for a 4-6 serving portion.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com