Fettle Vegan has published this great Creamiest Mushroom Soup recipe – may we recommend our Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes?
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. assorted mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (good quality) sherry
- 3 cups vegetable broth (try Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes)
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup soaked cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- In a medium-sized bowl, soak your raw cashews in warm water while you prepare the soup.
- In a large cast-iron pan, sauté the garlic, onions, and mushrooms until the butter oil has mostly evaporated and the onions and mushrooms have softened. Add your sherry and let the mixture cook on medium heart, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces to about half (about 5 minutes).
- **Pour in the vegetable broth, salt, pepper, and thyme, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. While soup simmers, blend soaked cashews with water to create a thick cream. Pour into the simmering soup, and remove the soup from heat.
- Using an immersion or high-speed blender, carefully blend soup to desired consistency. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com