May we recommend our Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk and Edward & Sons® Yellow Curry Cubes?
Tempeh Potato Coconut Curry
- 1 package tempeh, steamed
- 3/4 cup yellow curry broth (may we suggest Edward & Sons® Yellow Curry Cubes? Simply dissolve 1 cube in hot water)
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 5.4 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk (may we recommend our Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk?)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a covered pressure cooker heat about 1/4 cup of the yellow curry broth on medium to high heat.
- Add onions, ginger, turmeric and cumin, and saute. Add potatoes and saute a few minutes.
- Crumble tempeh into tiny pieces (resembling ground meat), mix well, then add coconut milk.
- Cover pressure cooker and bring to pressure. Cook at low pressure four minutes. Use a quick release. (If using an Instant Pot or Fagor LUX, cover the pot, set to low pressure and select 4 minutes; use a quick release.)
- Remove the lid and, uncovered, simmer until liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper (if desired).
You can watch the recording of JL’s Facebook videos below. She offers tips for steaming tempeh and using the quick release on an electric pressure cooker!
Recipe prep video from JL Fields:
Video critics: On this next video I spend the first 90 seconds trying to reconnect to Periscope, which, I’m happy to say, I did!