Vegan Mother Hubbard has published this great Three Tomato Risotto recipe- may we recommend our Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes?
Three Tomato Risotto
- 6 cups vegetable stock (may we recommend our Edward & Sons Veggie Bouillon Cubes?)
- 1 cup white wine (sauvignon blanc or something similar)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine (same as used in the broth)
- 1/2 tsp minced, fresh rosemary
- 5-6 ounces shredded or diced vegan cheese*
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted tomatoes**
- 1/4 cup minced, fresh parsley
- In a 2 quart sauce pot, whisk the broth ingredients together. Bring the mixture to a simmer, over low-medium heat. Reduce heat to low to maintain the temperature, without reducing the broth too much.
- In a large pot (about 4 quarts), warm 1 tablespoon of oil over low heat. Add the onions and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Saute, until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, and continue the saute, until the onions are browned and the garlic is soft.
- Add the remaining oil, remaining salt, and the rice to the pot. Stir everything together, and saute for about 2 minutes, to toast the rice.
- Stir the wine and rosemary into the rice, scraping the bottom of the pot to release any browned bits that may have stuck. Cook until the wine is absorbed into the rice.
- Begin adding the simmering broth about 1 cup at a time. Stir the rice and broth, until the liquid is absorbed, then add the next portion of broth.
- When all the liquid has been cooked into the rice, and the rice is tender, gently stir in the cheese, tomatoes, and parsley. When the cheese is melted, serve.
*I used 8 slices Daiya provolone, which I diced. Other options would include vegan swiss or mozzarella slices or shreds. Skip the cheddar or anything spicy in this dish.
**If you can’t find roasted tomatoes in your grocery store, roasted red peppers would be great, too.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com