Vegan Miam has published this great Chilled Cucumber-Cilantro Soup recipe using our Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes:
“Sweltering hot days in Oregon, what you need desperately is a chilled and refreshing soup. We made Mark Bittman’s Asian-Style Cucumber Soup (view here) with some substitutions and it wasn’t vegan. We used tamari and Edward & Sons Not-Chick’n Bouillon to make a gluten-free version. This vegan and gluten-free Chilled Cucumber-Cilantro Soup is filled with loads of beautiful healthy greens you can find at farmers’ market: cucumbers, chili, scallions, arugula, cilantro and mint.”
Chilled Cucumber-Cilantro Soup
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced thinly using a mandolin
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 small Thai chili, stemmed, seeded and minced, or ¼ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3 cups vegan ‘chik’n stock, chilled (Edward & Sons Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes)
- ¼ cup minced scallions, both white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tamari, rice vinegar, chili, and agave. Refrigerate uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes. Pour stock to the mixture and add the rest of the greens: arugula, cilantro and mint. Taste and adjust seasoning (add more tamari or rice vinegar).
Adapted from Mark Bittman’s Asian-Style Cucumber Soup recipe in the New York Times.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com