Jackfruit Nacho Veg-Carne
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
Mix all seasoning ingredients together and set aside for now.
- 1 can Native Forest® Organic Young Jackfruit
- Water to cover the Jackfruit
- 1 cube Edward & Sons® Not-Beef Bouillon
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 bag Beanfields® Black Bean chips
- 1 bag Beanfields® White Bean Chips
- Daiya® Shredded Cheese (flavor is your choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Drain 1 can of Jackfruit & rinse well.
- In a fry or sauce pan, add water to cover the jackfruit and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and add the Not-Beef bouillon cube. While cooking, “flake” the jackfruit with a cooking spoon to separate the fibers. Continue to simmer the jackfruit until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Add 1/4 cup water and spice mix and cook until the liquid has disappeared. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heat proof bowl, mix the chips, layer on the jackfruit and top with the cheese. Cook for 7-10 minutes in the oven, or until the cheese melts.
- Add your favorite Nacho toppings such as sliced olives, diced tomato, green onions, etc.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Jackfruit Recipes Here.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Jackfruit singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Jackfruit 6 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com