Dackie.org recently published a great Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe using our Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour. Here is what they said:
“…it tastes just like a “normal” cookie made with sugar and unbleached all purpose flour just with a slight coconut flavor lurking in the background. the crumb of this cookie is a little more tender and soft than a typical cookie. in a good way. i think the texture of it lies somewhere between a cookie and a good scone, leaning closer to the cookie texture…”
Read the rest here.
Wheat free chocolate chip cookies
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp Brown rice flour
¼ cup Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour
½ tsp Baking soda
8 Tbsp butter or buttery spread or (1 stick) non-dairy alternative, softened
3/4 cup raw agave syrup
1 egg or egg substitute
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
¾ cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together the butter and agave until well mixed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flours and baking soda.
- Add this to the butter/egg mixture until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Drop the dough by the teaspoonful onto pre-greased cookie sheets.
- These should be spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 7 to 10 minutes or until brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
This recipe made about 20 small cookies but dont be fooled by their size. they pack a ton of flavor and because they are made with coconut and brown rice flours they are super high in fiber, making them really filling.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Coconut Flour Recipes Here.
Purchase Let’s Do…Organic® Organic Coconut Flour singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour 6 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com